Today I will be going through my highlight and contour routine which I tend to do when I am attending special events. It is a full coverage routine so hence why only for special occasions!
Highlight and contouring really depends on your face shape. The areas of your face you want to push in, you apply the dark product and the areas you want to bring out, you apply the light product.
Now it took me a while to get into the swing of the whole extreme contouring thing. It has become such a trend that people feel like they HAVE to do it. I really disagree since the art of contouring really depends on YOUR face shape. Where I may have to contour, for example along my nose to slim it down, some people could easily skip that if they already have a cute wee slim nose.
- LA Girl Cosmetics orange concealer to counteract the dark circles under my eyes.
- Maybelline Fit me Concealer in shade 20 to hide the orange tones
- Extended down along my eyes for a bit more coverage
- Patted it into skin with my Bare Minerals concealer brush
- Further blended it into skin using a sponge
- LA Girl Cosmetics concealer in Beautiful Bronze.
- Applied some down my cheekbones, a little bit along my forehead, along my jaw line and down the sides of my nose.
To further highlight I took out my trusty Collection loose powder and ‘baked’ the concealer under my eyes with a LOT of powder using the same sponge. I applied this down the centre of my nose, on my forehead since its quite small and along the sides of my jaw to bring them out as I have a really round face.
I set the contoured areas with the Sleek Face Contour kit in medium. This also comes with a gold toned highlighter which I popped right on the tip of my nose and the high plains of my face.
After 10 minutes I dusted of the excess powder and I was left with nice highlighted face. My face literally looked air brushed and flawless from 1.30pm all the way till 3 in the morning! Caked it for a looong time ;o)