A while back I purchased the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics Palette from John Lewis. I was a bit skeptical before buying it as I have a LOT of matte neutral eyeshadows however after reading lots of positive reviews, I was encouraged to go ahead and buy it.
Can I just say how GLAD I am that I went ahead it and bought it. The colours are so pigmented, really smooth which makes blending a dream and the packaging is amazing!
This has quickly become my go to eyeshadow palette for my eye makeup, believe me when I say I literally use this every time I wear any eye makeup!
The other day I was playing around with my Naked 2 Palette and ended up creating a black smokey eye with a hint of glitter.
- From UD Ultimate Basics, I blended in ‘ Tempted’ & ‘Faith’.
- Below my crease, I applied a little bit of ‘ Extra Bitter’.
- I then began packing on ‘Black Jack’ and slowly built up the intensity. Every so often I went back in with a small amount of ‘Extra Bitter’ to add in more colour so it wasn’t only just black eyeshadow.
- I created a winged eyeliner using the gel eyeliner by Collection.
- To smoke out my lower lashline, I used a small pencil brush and applied ‘Extra Bitter’ and ‘Black Jack’.
- After my lashionery lashes were applied in Airy Fairy , I felt there was something missing!
- In my waterliner, I applied Royal Blue Eyeliner by MUA and in the inner corners of my lids/lashline, I dabbed on Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner in Glamrock.
To be honest, this smokey eye can be used with any similar eyeshadows/different glitter eyeliners too!
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Take care XXX